FAQ about Motorhome rental in Hokkaido




    For an application, visit https://www.rentacanhokkaido.com/


    Q  Can I drive Motorhome rental with an “Ordinary” Driving    License?

    A All our vehicles can be driven with an “Ordinary”             

          Driving License.

    Driver’s licenses which permit driving of automobiles for Foreigner
    in Japan are as follows:

    ■Japanese driver’s license 
    Driver's licenses issued by public safety commissions in Japan.

    ■International driving permit
    International driving permit issued in one of the signatory countries/territories (not including Japan)
    of the Geneva Convention on Road Traffic (1949).
    Must be able to simultaneously present passport.

    ■ Foreign driver's licenses
    Drivers with licenses issued by Germany, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Slovenia,
    Monaco or Taiwan must be able to simultaneously present their passport and
    a Japanese translation of their driver’s license.



    Q  Can I rent ETC cards?

    A   Yes, you can rent ETC cards as a option.


    Q  Is there a Toilet in the Campervan?

    A   No, there is no Toilet.

    but  you can use portable Toilet in the REGARD(only REGARD) as a option.

    It's  about 8 or 9L tank.
    Please discard at the Road station or the Public toilet.


    Q  Is there a Bathroom? Can I use Shower?

    Hot water will come out from the Sink.
    but there is no Shower and Bathroom in the Campervan.
    There are many Hot springs (ONSEN)in Hokkaido.you can enjoy beauty of nature.


    Are pets allowed in the car?

    A YES, you can bring in pets in the vehicle .(only dogs)


    Is smoking allowed in the camper

    A No. Smoking is not allowed in the camper.


    Where can I park my own car?

    A Free parking space for one vehicle is provided per one rental camper.


    What about the expressway charges?

    A Camper van  is same as that of an ordinary car.
    Delica with
    trailer is a medium‐sized car.

    Q  Is it difficult to drive a camper?

    A Most of our customers are driving the rental camping car for the first time. They say that they were nervous at first but they got used to driving it soon and felt comfortable. In addition, it is not allowed to rent a camper to a person who is under 20 years and a person who has a driving license with green-colored line.


    Q Can you deliver the camper outside business hours?

    A Additional fees will be charged. Please ask to our office.


    Q Will the cancellation fee be charged if the flight is canceled?

    A No. Cancellation fee will not be charged if the flight is canceled because of bad weather.


    Is camping articles rental serveice available

    A BBQ articles, sleeping bags, cookstoves are available to rent. Reservations are required for some of the rental articles. Feel free to contact us.


    Options listed below(Additional fee)


    Is water service available in winter?

    A No, water service is not available because it freezes in winter.


    Can I send my baggages in advance? Can you take   care of my baggages?

    A Yes, we will take care of your baggages. It would be very helpful if you contacted us in advance.


    Could you tell about coking equipment?

    A  There is portable gas cooking stove . but it has no Gus.
      Please buy portable gas by yourself  ※only boil water or boil milk inside the car.
      Please cook outside things that smell.




    For an application, visit https://www.rentacanhokkaido.com/


    We're waiting for your booking .

    | 1/1PAGES |